THOUGHT FOR TODAY BY
ST. ANTHONY ZACCARIA
If through perfect humility you will be able to know objec tively yourself, only then will you be.
Please enter a search term to begin your search.
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Zaccarian Apostolate of Prayer 2018
PRAYER INTENTIONS 2018
In the year marked by the celebration of the 137th General Chapter, Mary, the luminous Star of Evangelization, under the action of the Holy Spirit may help the Barnabites to feel to be "all together" and continuously a living and vivifying part of a single religious family, always of need of reform "over the foundation of Paul", mindful of the call of Anthony Mary that "not going forward in the way of God and staying still is a going backward" (Sr 6).
January: UT UNUM SINT (Jn 17:21).
- That the whole Congregation may be united in intense and continuous prayer for the General Chapter, remembering that "fidelity to prayer or its abandonment, are the paradigm of the vitality or decadence of religious life" (Ev. Test. 42).
February: VIDETE ENIM VOCATIONEM VESTRAM, FRATRES (1 Cor 1:26).
- Grateful to God for our past history, let us pray that the General Chapter will be able to identify new ways of life and apostolate, in full fidelity to our charism and to the expectations of the Church and of today's world.
March: NOLITE CONFORMARI HUIC SAECULO (Rm 12:2).
- That we might strip ourselves of our little personal idols and of every attachment that weighs us down, according to the teaching of the Holy Founder (Serm I), so that through a sincere journey of purification and conversion we might remain faithful to Jesus' teachings.
April: IN RESURRECTIONE TUA, CHRISTE, CAELI ET TERRA LAETENTUR (Lit. Hor.).
- That, according to the exhortation of the Holy Father (Discourse to Cons.), we may not remain withdrawn to ourselves or prisoners of our own small and big
problems, but we may look to the brothers who are waiting for us and invoke hope from our hope and life from our spiritual liveliness.
May:MONSTRA TE ESSE MATREM (Ave Maris Stella).
- That the Virgin Mary, given to us as a provident Mother, may obtain for us, from the celebration of the General Chapter, the gift of a renewed Pentecost, in fraternity and in sharing of spirit and apostolic objectives.
June: IMITATORES MEI ESTOTE, FRATRES (Fil 3:17).
- That the loving knowledge of the doctrine of Paul the Apostle and the imitation of his virtues and of his apostolic spirit, may always represent the commitment a
nd filial pride of the Congregation, qualifying the formative process of vocations and the constant growth of all the confreres.
July: RESPICE DE COELO, PATER.
- That the spirit of the Holy Founder may guide and support the work of the Chapter, so that it may be translated into strong norms of life based on personal reform, on the flight from lukewarmness and "worldliness" and on spiritual liveliness to be communicated to the brothers.
August: RENOVAMINI AUTEM SPIRITU MENTIS VESTRAE ET INDUITE NOVUM HOMINEM (Eph 4:23-24).
- That the adherence to the Chapter directives might enlighten the confreres beyond gossip and individual views, so that the availability of all becomes an effective testimony of our presence in the Church and in our life environment.
September: SUSCIPITE INVICEM, SICUT ET CHRISTUS SUSCEPIT VOS (Rm 15:7).
- Having in common the gift of consecrated life and the charism of St. Paul and of St. Anthony Mary, we commend to the Lord the Angelic Sisters, the Daughters of Divine Providence, as well as the Family of the Disciples and all the other Institutes close to us, so that the mutual human and spiritual fraternity may strengthen fidelity in following Jesus and our "running" towards our brothers and sisters.
October: EX OMNIBUS GENTIBUS AND TRIBUBUS ET POPULIS ET LINGUIS (Rev 7:9).
- That the Lord my continue to give to the Congregation numerous vocations from different countries, so that the communities may increasingly live fraternity in diversity, and our presence may spread the way of holiness of Antonio Maria in new contexts of Christian life.
November: FIRMUM FUNDAMENTUM DEI STAT (2 Tim 2:19).
- That the luminous example of holiness of so many Barnabites who have preceded us may be welcomed by the young generations with devout gratitude to the Lord, and be continually translated and developed by the testimony of the confreres of today, for the benefit of the Congregation and the Church.
December: IN PROPRIA VENIT ET SUI EUM NON RECEPERUNT (Jn 1:11).
- That the new six year period begun after the General Chapter, would call together, in simplicity and renewed joy, all the confreres, so that under the guidance of the Apostle Paul, "there would not be among us" vile soldiers and deserters, nor would they be unworthy sons of such a great father".